Saturday, February 28, 2015

broken heart #4


You were a player, or as much of a player as any 8th grader could be. You dated what seemed like every girl in our chorus class, but you seemed shocked when you found out I had a little crush on you. We were young and stupid. I still remember our principal screaming at us for making out in the hallways between classes. Kissing with tongue was wild in my eyes, and I wouldn’t let the fear of indecency in the hallways stop me.

You were easily distracted, though. I was bitter and jealous. When you went away for summer camp I told you I didn’t want to be with you anymore. It wasn’t until high school that I finally gave you my reasoning. I never thought that me dumping you would hurt you, but I guess you did care about me after all. I needed so much more attention than you could give.
Now you like boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment